For a long time, mint plants have been used very popular in the world in the processing of cosmetics and foods. In particular, this herb is also a very good medicine for health, assists in treating many diseases, … So to help people have a more general view of this herb. In the following article please share 28 effects of mint vegetables, usage, types, where to buy? Let’s take a few minutes to find out!
What plant is peppermint?
Peppermint vegetable plant has many other names such as: Ba mint; He was born; The captain’s armband; Awning; Caret; East dollar; Mint gold (Draft Diamond Section); Mint jelly (Hoa Han Herbal Medicine); Recruit mint (Ly Sam Nham Ban Thao).
Besides, there are also names such as: Lien Tien Thao (Thien That Dan Phuong), Phien mint, Nam mint (Ban Thao Dien Nghia), Ngo Bac quite (Thien Kim Phuong – Thuc Tri), Phien Ha Thai, Thang Duong Thai (Tran Nam Ban Thao), Tac Ha (Manuscript of Mong Thuyen),
Also can be called: cerebral peppermint, peppermint, peppermint, peppermint, star peppermint, mint mint, mint (Lu Tham Tu Lam), translucent flower (nominal plant ), Bowl of mint (Essential Oriental Medicine).
Features of mint
The mint plant has the scientific name Mentha Arvensis Lin, belonging to the Lamiaceae family. As a perennial herb. The body is square, soft, green or purple, from 25 to 50 cm high, the vertical stem bears leaves, if the trunk is underground, the roots are spread.
Mint leaves are ovoid or oval. They grow on opposite sides with short stalks, and leaf margins are evenly shaped. The flowers are small white, purple, pink or pink, growing in wreaths of many flowers gathered in the interstitial leaves. The north leaves are stick-shaped, small.
Bell-shaped radio, with 5 equal teeth, the colon has a short tube, the colon is divided into 4 nearly equal parts, inside there is a ring of feathers, a short pistil, 4 equal pistils.
The fruit has 4 seeds. The organs located on the ground carry two types of hair, including essential oil secreting hair and protective hair. July to October is the fruit season.
Types of mint
Peppermint comes in over 20 different varieties, the most common being the following 2:
- Peppermint Au: Appears in Central and Southern European countries.
- Mint Nam: Peppermint in Vietnam.
In Vietnam, this plant is usually grown mainly in Nghe An, Lai Chau, Yen Bai, Lao Cai … This plant is widely used in food processing, making spices or drying to make tea. At the same time, peppermint oil is also exploited and used a lot in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
Pharmacological effects of mint vegetables
Find out more about 28 effects of mint vegetables, usage, types, where to buy? Modern medicine is also very concerned with the healing powers of peppermint. Studies on the active ingredient show that this plant has the following ingredients: Vitamins A, C, D, B6; Magnesium, Protein, Limonene, Sodium … Especially mint contains a huge amount of essential oils. In the essential oil contains 10.7% methoi and 23.4% methone. Thanks to these ingredients, peppermint has many good pharmacological effects for human health such as:
- Using water mint has inhibitory effects against Salmonella Typhoit virus and ECHO (according to Chinese Medicine).
- Pain suppression.
- Effects on smooth muscles.
- Inhibition of circulation and respiration.
- Strong antiseptic properties.
- Effects on body temperature.
Effects and dominance of mint
- The owner of the room, raging.
- Stimulates digestion and eliminates bandits.
- Cure young children.
- Healing for adults.
- BACONIA AND 8 EFFECTS FREQUENTLY USED IN SOCIETY
- BACH THAT AND 16 EXCELLENT MEDICINE USES
- PAPER PAPER – FROM DISTRICT VEGETABLES TO DRUGS IN Oriental Medicine
Medications from mint
♦ Treatment of heat, upper bar, beneficial phlegm, phlegm:
Dried mint is powdered, mixed with gun-seed-sized honey (Rare food). Suck each day 1 complete.
♦ Eye tear disease;
Soak mint with ginger water 1 night, bring dry powder. Use each 4g mixed in boiled water to wash eyes.
♦ Itchy sores caused by wind:
Use equal amounts of mint and regress. Drink 4g each time with warm alcohol.
♦ Hemorrhagic dysentery:
Use great mint to drink.
♦ Treat pus rupture boils, painful boils, tuberculosis:
20-30g mint (about 1 large handful) soaked with 200ml of wine, dried and then soaked for 3 nights, dried; 10 pieces of armor (about 1 chain of 2 pieces long) removed from the black shell, soaked in vinegar and then grilled for gold.
Both types carry powdered pellets of the size of copper corn. Take 20 capsules each time before each meal, if it is a child, take half the dose.
♦ Stung by a bee:
Gia Ha to cover the burned area.
♦ A nosebleed can not stop:
Bring fresh mint to squeeze the juice, if it is dry, take distilled water, use cotton (cotton) to soak it in your nose.
♦ Treatment of poisonous gas entered inside, the fire produces sores that cause both calves to sores and water:
Squeeze the freshly smeared Ms. Ha water.
♦ High fever, not sweating, fear of heat, irritability, restless nights, thirsty mouth:
40g raw plaster, 20g mint, Carry powdered, 2-4g each time with hot water, 3 times per day.
♦ Have a cold in the first stage with complications, heat:
8g mint, 12g regrowth boat (leg removed), 24g plaster, 6g licorice with excellent drink.
♦ Early stage measles rash, leprosy, urticaria:
4g of birth, 12g of burdock, 4g of withdrawing boat, 4g of licorice with excellent drink will make measles grow.
♦ Treatment of red eyes, headache, sore throat, swelling and pain caused by heatstroke:
4g of birth, 8g of sand, 8g of room, 12g of silkworm, 12g of marjoram, 8g of licorice, 8g of drink.
♦ Toothache caused by fire:
10g mint leaves, 10g honeycomb, 10g chrysanthemum, 6g white angel, 2g pilgrim with excellent drink.
♦ Treatment of eye pain, headache caused by heatstroke:
6g mint, 10g chrysanthemum, 10g tang Diep bring excellent drink.
♦ Skin itching:
30g of mint, 30g of boat with powdered leaves, use 4g each time, drink with water and alcohol.
♦ Treatment of ear pain:
Crush fresh mint squeezed to get water to put 3 to 5 drops in the ear.
♦ Beauty, weight loss:
Peppermint has a weight loss effect by rapidly absorbing nutrients, increasing metabolic activity and stimulating the digestive system. A mixture of well-being mixed with honey is applied to the skin to help tighten pores and clear the skin.
♦ Acne treatment, scarring:
Peppermint sprouts cover the area of acne-prone and scarred skin.
♦ Boost immunity, treat headaches, coughs, colds:
Mint leaves 6g, onion 6g, marjoram 6g, room 5g, white only 4g, brake 20 minutes with boiling water, drink when hot. Put a blanket to rest and wait for your body to recover.
♦ Treat asthma, sinusitis, clean the respiratory tract:
Using fresh peppermint or peppermint oil mixed with boiling water for a nasal bath will help clear your sinuses and fight infection. Some studies also show that he is capable of treating asthma and allergies caused by fungal infections.
Use 1 cup of hot peppermint tea before riding the train, you can also soak a few drops of essential oil in a towel to breathe air on the train.
♦ Repelling insects, deodorizing in the house:
Indoor spray-diluted menthol helps repel insects. Or add a few drops to the steam or diffuser to remove the odor of steam, creating a sense of comfort and refreshment.
♦ Reducing bad breath:
Peppermint has antibacterial and fungicidal properties and has a pleasant aroma. So this plant is very useful for patients with bad breath, tooth decay, gum infection …
Patients can mix 2-3 drops of peppermint oil in a glass of warm water. Use this water to rinse your mouth 2-3 times. Patients can also chew fresh mint directly or drink peppermint tea to effectively deodorize and kill oral cavity.
♦ Reduce stress, treat depression:
Drinking peppermint tea helps reduce stress caused by stressful work. Night helps to sleep well due to its mood stabilizing and sensory stimulating effects.
Some studies show that mint contains a number of enzymes that are capable of preventing cancer. Some valuable drugs also work to prevent cancer such as black garlic, bitter melon, reishi mushroom.
Notes on using mint
Although peppermint has many health effects, improper use can cause negative effects. Therefore, people need to be aware of the following before consuming this herb:
- Do not use peppermint or other herbal products if you are allergic to it. Allergic patients may develop blisters in their mouth and nostrils when they inhale peppermint oil. If you experience these symptoms, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
- Side effects of peppermint include: Allergic skin, erythema, slow heart rate, hypotension Active blood pressure, heartburn, hypoglycemia, poisoning due to heavy use …
- Who should not use mint: Children, pregnant women, people with diabetes, people with gastroesophageal reflux disease, patients with high blood pressure, people with cardiovascular disease, patients with prolonged constipation, debilitated person …
- Do not overdo mint: The maximum amount of essential oils allowed per day is 0.4 ml. Overuse will lead to side effects, increasing the risk of seizures.
- Peppermint can interact with some drugs such as: Antacids (such as Pepcid, Zantac), Cyclosporine graft anti-rejection drug, hypoglycemic drug, Lansoprazole Omeprazole or Carisoprodol … So patients should not use mint when are taking medicine.
- Do not apply pure peppermint oil directly to the skin or get it on eyes and open wounds. Do not inhale peppermint essential oil more than 3-4 times a day because it can dry out the airway mucosa, congestion of the skin …
- Patients should consult their doctor before using peppermint products.
How to distinguish mint and basil
The way to distinguish between these two plants is quite simple:
- Based on shape: Mint leaves look better, have many small serrated leaves, the leaf surface is quite rough.
- Flavor: Mint leaves have a strong, spicy, and refreshing aroma. While the basil leaves are not spicy and the aroma is as strong. Mint leaves are harder to eat.
Where to buy mint? How much?
Currently, mint can be purchased at most traditional traditional medicine, traditional medicine, oriental medicine clinics … Patients need to choose reputable and licensed addresses to ensure they can buy good drugs. The price of mint ranges from 150,000 VND to 200,000 VND / kg. Depending on the seller and, at the time of purchase, the price of the mint may vary.
Hope through the above article has helped people understand more 28 effects of mint vegetables, usage, types, where to buy? Wish you always be healthy and have a lot of fun in your life. Please follow the next articles above Blog Nguyen Tuan Hung For more information about medicinal plants useful!